Friday, July 20, 2012

Time Home

My time home was wonderful! I still think the doctors were a little crazy for letting me go. Here they would only let me see my kids if I had a mask on. Then they sent me home where I could snuggle with them all night if I wanted! Whatever their reason, I'm glad they did it. I was obviously being watch over because even with all the precautions we took it is a miracle that I didn't get an infection.
One of the best things about going home was that I was reasurred that my boys still love me. In the hospital I kept worrying that they would forget about me, or not need me anymore. Boy was I wrong! Those sweet boys cuddled and talked to me all week! Even though mom was borring they were still glad I was there. I got to see some of the things that I have missed out on the past 2 months. Some of the highlights were.

Conner (5)
-Learned to swim in the deap end of the pool!
-Learned to whistle! He can mimic any tune he hears!
-Can ride his bike without training wheels like a pro!

Brayden(4)
-can go down the big water slide all by himself!
-Almost completely potty trained! (finally!)
-can dress and undress himself with no help.

They seem so much older than they were in April! I know it's crazy but I feel like they have learned and grown so much. I felt bad leaving them this morning. They were in a terrible condition! Last night Conner got 5 wasp stings!(I have never heard someone scream so loud in my life). Then they helped grandpa weed and apparently they had a bad reaction to the weeds because when they woke up this morning they both had bright red faces with blisters! I know it wasn't a sun burn because it was at 7pm and they were on the shady side of the house. Poor boys!
Well, I've gotten settled into my new room here. They are starting my first dose of chemo in 1 hour. I can hardly stand the thought of poisoning myself again. It is really hard mentally to let that happen, but I know how that I need it. I can't believe that in just 3 weeks I could have my own bone marrow again! I really feel like it's going to work this time and that I will be ok. I still feel at peace. I pray that I can hold onto that!

No comments:

Post a Comment