Monday, June 11, 2012

Letters To Janette From Desiree

Dear Janette,

It's hard to believe that 6 months ago, your family, the Stapley
family and my family were having a good time, playing Settlers of
Katan, and 12 hours later you were diagnosed with leukemia. That day
will forever be burned in my memory. The times visiting you in the
hospital were some of the most emotional situations I have personally
ever dealt with. It was so awful watching you in physical and
emotional pain and feeling so helpless! I hate that I haven't been
able to visit you (except once) in your hospital in Utah. I am so
glad, though, that you were able to move to that great hospital and
have family nearby. Know that your Birmingham family misses you SO
much and is still praying for you and your family!

I want to let you know that you have personally touched my life, as
well as so many others. I love that you have faced these trials with
great strength and courage. Even though you have had your difficult
moments, sometimes difficult days, your faith has been immeasurable
and such a huge inspiration to so many of us. You have taught us to
let every day count, make every moment worthwhile with your loved
ones, count your blessings, and above all, trust in the Savior.
Before all of this happened, I already viewed you as a strong,
wonderful mother and wife. Now, you are like super mom/wife!! I know
your family is proud of you, and I am proud to have you as a friend.
I know this is the trial from hell, but you weathering the storm
amazingly. Keep up the faith and know that I love you a TON!

Love,

Desiree Bowen

1 comment:

  1. Desiree, you are so sweet! In Alabama you were an amazing strength to me. You watched my kids, ran my errands and let me cry on your shoulder. You are wonderful friend and I really miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete