Saturday, June 16, 2012

Endurance

Day after day I watch the sun rise and fall out my window
It is my lense to the world
Fall, winter, spring, summer
I know they feel different, but I don't remember
My days are full of pain, medicine, tests, loneliness, and fear
I've forgotten what it feels like to really live
Everyday I fight
But everyday the memories of what I'm fighting for begin to slip away
I forgot what it feels like to hear the birds and to feel the breeze
To share Sunday dinner with family
To fall asleep with a loved one in my arms
I fear that my life will be cut short
That I wont get to say goodbye
That my children won't remember me
That my family will get sick of the burden
But if I forget all else I will always remember, they are worth the fight
I am worth the fight

4 comments:

  1. Janette I find you an amazing strength. I know that you must cry all of the time like most of us in that situation would do, but when I read your posts I realize the things that I am missing out on without realizing it because everything else keeps me so busy. I know that you are missed by your family and one day you will be home with them again. Some days I wonder how you do it but I know that the strength comes from your family, friends and loved ones. I hope and will be praying that the next graft will take so that you can be at home with your loved ones and have the Sunday dinners and be able to hold your boys while they fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE WORTH THE FIGHT! So many people are rooting for you. So many of us would do anything ANYTHING to take away or ease this burden and allow you the simple pleasures of life that we all take for granted and you gratefully help us remember how special and important they are. You are an amazing and strong woman, although I can't imagine what you are going through, please do know that I believe you can do this and I will fight along side you until you win! YOU ARE WORTH IT! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all LOVE you so much Janette. You are so strong and will win this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your worth everything and more! Me, Madisen, and Sheldon are going to come visit you again with Brandie of that's ok(: We love being with you and watching the Bachlorette! Haha. I have a couple stories for you too!!
    I hope your doing great!
    Keep that beautiful smile on your face! Love you Jan! <3

    ReplyDelete