Friday, June 29, 2012

Helping others

I am the luckiest mom ever! Every night I get to facetime with my boys. I get to ask them what they did that day and sing them their lu lu bye. Tonight I was surprised to have them sing to me their testosterone filled version of my lu lu bye entitled " lu lu toots" That was the best laugh I've had in a while!
Later that night Marc texted me Conners prayer. He said "Please help mommies bone marrow to get better and start working. Help her to be brave." How can I not be brave and have hope if my 5 year old can? Aren't we supposed to become as little children? I am so grateful for the example that my children set for me. I have so much to learn.

On that note. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to bring more happiness and peace to this hospital when I am well enough to think of others needs and not just my own. Sometimes this hopsital feels more like a war zone than a place to get well. It is hard to escape the mourners lining the halls waiting for the inevitable. The mother praying for her child to die so he can be released from the pain. The children in the lobby just waiting to get to see their mom or dad. If not to hold them, then to at least talk face to face and remember that they really do still exhist.
If there are any cancer survivors reading this then please consider visiting the hopspital. Just talking to someone who has fought the battle and won means so much to us. It is all about hope.
If anyone else has any good idea's or would be interested in helping me one day, please contact me. If anyone can help right now I know that primary childrens needs pillows, blankets and toys. I know that anything would be appreciated!
For anyone in the North Utah area Box Elder County Credit Union is having a relay for life at pioneer park on June 29th and 30th. Please help if you can. You never know when it could be you or a loved one in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment