Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

I got to see my boys on mothers day! They even picked out special presents for me. Conner got me a necklace and earrings, Brayden got me a big duck to hug when I am lonely :) I asked him what the ducks name was and he said " elephant!"
My parents took turns staying with me this weekend. They were so good to me! My mom gave me a facial and a foot massage, and my dad helped me scrapbook and read to me while I fell asleep!
I am almost ready for my transplant. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I am receiving a drug called ATG. It is supposed to help my body accept my new bone marrow. Because it is made from pigs there is a big chance of allergic reactions to it. To avoid those they first give you 100mg of Benadryl. Now a regular dose is 25mg. They also give the 100mg through IV so the effect is immediate! As they were pushing it in my eyes started to cross, then my head began bobbing. I tried to speak but was unable to form words. Then I gave up and slept for the next 4hrs! Today they are also giving me the chemo that obliterates my bone marrow. The thought of it is truly freaking me out! Too late to turn back now though, so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment