Thursday, May 10, 2012

Letters To Janette From Emme Packer

Dear Janette-

Kiersten contacted me personally and asked if I could write you. It's a little intimidating because we don't know each other well, but on the other hand, I feel like you could be a close friend of mine. My husband and I spent this last sunday fasting and praying for you. We've prayed for you almost nightly since I heard your story. And I think about you often. Not that I need a medal or anything for doing some good deeds, but I bring it up because I feel that it's times like these really bring the world together in such a beautiful way. In a sense the world is stopping for YOU You are the focus and attention and source of love for SO many people right now. You are a strength and an inspiration simply because you are choosing to fight, because you are a beautiful daughter of God, and because you are a good person. (The list could go on and on.) I relate to you because we are the same age. I don't have children yet, but I think about my husband and how much I would fight to stay alive for him. And that intense thought and feeling brings me closer to you and your amazing story. Go into your surgery with peace and happiness and belief that you will be alright. Your pain and suffering is a small moment and this will be something of the past one day. You're going to be just fine. We love you and care for you, Janette. Be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment