Saturday, May 5, 2012

Message From Brandie

My name is Brandie Page. I wanted to write a little something about the fundraiser. I was asked numerous questions at the fundraiser and did not have time to answer them all. So I thought I would write about my experience and try to include all the questions I was asked. I met Marc and Janette when we all lived in Brittany Green Apartments in Brigham. Josh and I went on a double date with them and hit it right off. We hung out when we could. Marc and Janette were such a amazing couple that they really brought out the best in me and Josh and helped our relationship. Marc was so incredibly sweet and in love with Janette and Janette was so supportive and in love with Marc. I LOVED spending our time with them. It was ALWAYS FUN! .Janette and I have a interesting relationship we had some things in common. We both always dreamt of being moms, we both wanted to be the main caregiver for our kids, we both loved the TV show FRIENDS. But Janette and I tended to disagree or have different of opinions on quite a few subjects too. We would talk about it sometimes for hours share our opinions and I think we made each other think about the other side of things a lot. It was always respectful. I loved those conversations.

We always knew Marc and Janette would go far away for school and it just happened that we moved far from Brigham at about the same time. When Facebook came around I was relieved there was a way to keep up with them. When they said they would be coming back in December the first thing I said is come move down by me. I was looking forward to conference weekends with hot chocolate and sweats in the living room with them again. Well as we all know things don't ever go as planned.

In November I found out about Janette's leukemia just like everyone else on Facebook. I cried for about a day straight (it felt like it) and then I got to work. Honestly I've had a million things that I've seen or heard about that I've wanted to help. I'll try to think of things I could do and then I just never did. I would go to fundraisers, buy stuff and such but never have I tried to organize one. But my heart was just saying this is Janette and Marc and Conner and Brayden. For once in my life I didn't second guess myself. I just went with it. I set up the blog so people could get money to her on pay pal. Then just went into ideas on the fundraiser. I had Kiersten (Marc's Sister) and LeAnn (Janette's sister) jump right on board. Thank goodness they did. So we went to work. My goal was to raise Marc and Janette $5,000.00, I remember feeling like it's not much but it's realistic and every bit will help. I never could've guessed how Friday all came together.

We couldn't have done any of this without ALL of you that donated, volunteered, showed up and performed. We passed our GOAL. But the one who got the most from this I feel like was me. I wish everyone could've seen all the behind the scenes stuff that I did. Marc and Jan's family was absolutely incredible emailing me frequently asking what I need. Friends of Marc and Jan donating thousands of dollars in stuff to auction off and volunteering to help with any thing we need. But even more amazing ALL the people that didn't even know them that showed up, performed and donated. Like the girls that danced to "God Gave Me You" practiced every day like 6 hours for the whole week before making up that dance specifically for them. They have never met them. I have met some of the most amazing and generous and loving people. I got to see exactly the kind of people that I want and am honored to be surrounded by. I felt like apart of something so much BIGGER than me. I watched my 7 year old daughter Makenzie tell any one and everyone about the fundraiser. This has really impacted her.

More than anything else I've been in awe watching Marc and Janette handle this. Starting with Marc he is so concerned, sweet, loving and worried about Janette. But he looks at her like every girl wants a man to look at her. You know nothing in this world is more important than her. It really is wonderful. Janette couldn't have a better partner to go through this with.

Janette, you are the strongest person I've ever met. I've never seen someone be so calm. You are graceful, beautiful, patient and kind going through every thing that you are. The thing that gets me most is how positive you are. You are so inspirational. I can't wait for you to be fully recovered and you and I to pay it forward together.

Seeing how grateful Marc and Janette are is wonderful for me. They had no expectations and I think if I made a thousand dollars it wouldn't have mattered. They would've loved me just the same. I worried about disappointing them the whole time but they are such amazing people I knew I was really worried about disappointing myself because they wouldn't be disappointed they were grateful regardless.

For all of you thinking the way that I did "I wanna help I just don't know what to do" just do it. The rewards are worth it and it may turn into something WONDERFUL!


To all of you that helped in ANY WAY thank you so much. I LOVE YOU ALL!! To Kiersten and LeAnn you amaze me. Hanging out with you girls was easy. To The Andersen's and The Baron's thank you for making me feel like apart of your family. To Marc and Janette I love you both!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that I had the chance to help out. You and Kiersten Andersen Ogles were so much fun to work with. I'm going to miss talking to you every day! ;) You are such an amazing woman and I'm really glad you were the one in charge. I could never have pulled off such an amazing event! Thank you both for all your hard work to help out Jan and Marc! Thanks to everyone who supported us and this event!

    ReplyDelete