Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday to me! Ok, my birthday really isn't until Friday, but I go into the hospital tomorrow to begin my bone marrow transplant. So my family and I went up to our cabin home and had a cookout. We let the kids dig for bugs and play in the creek, and ate german chocolate cake. It was perfect! I have to say that I used to dread getting older, but I am really happy to say I made it to 28!  I feel like every day that I am given is a blessing and a miracle.
May is going to be a very busy month for me in the future. Not only is it my birthday and mothers day (sometimes they fall on the same day, that is pretty annoying!) But they say that the day they implant my new bone marrow they call it my second birthday. Apparently the nurses will even sing to me :) So now I get to have 2 birthdays in May! Sorry Marc, that doesn't mean I age in increments of 2 years at a time, I will always be younger than you ;)

Please pray for me as I begin the transplant process tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying every day for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete