Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am blessed!

I just have to express how blessed I am. This sunday it will be 80 day's since my transplant. That not only means that I have been home with my family for 80 days, but I haven't gotten a dangerous infection or graft vs host disease. Now I'm not saying that there won't be difficult times in the future, this still could be a very long road. But I cherish each and every day that I have. Today I walked three blocks to the park with the kids, and back home again. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's alot for me! I am able to live in a house with my little family and take care of them, and Marc is getting some hours at a local pharmacy. It probably sounds so basic to everyone else, but to me it's a miracle and a blessing. There were times when I really thought I would never have this. Hopefully things will keep getting better. When I hit 100 days they will start to taper me off the immune suppressants. That means that I won't have to worry as much about getting a dangerous infection, and hopefully I can become transfusion independent. At that time they will also run just about every test possible to get an idea of my general heath, along with a bone marrow biopsy. I know that I will be scared every day for the rest of my life that it will come back, but especially when I get a bone marrow biopsy done. Because I know that if it's back my life will immediately change, and my treatment will become much more challenging. I still get worried to hope for the future, but I can't help but imagine what this holiday season will be like home with my family. Last year I had thanksgiving in the family waiting room of the hospital, and christmas sitting in the lobby with my dad looking out at downtown Birmingham, almost deserted with everyone home with their families. I pray that this year I will get to be home with my loved ones. I would also like to ask for prayers that an amazing women will get to be home with her babies as well. Her name is Kari. She had a bone marrow transplant this summer as well and is currently in the hospital with some complications including some leukemic cells coming back. Please pray for her and her family. I know that when people come together for one cause and ask God for a miracle that amazing things can happen. Thank you for all your love and support!

1 comment:

  1. I am working the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas night! We really don't want you to be there either, so keep up the good work at home!! I am so happy for you! Happy to hear things are going so well and turning back into normal for you, Marc and your boys. I am so proud of you Janette! I am proud of how strong you have been through all of this and what an example you have been to me! Keep up the good work! We are all cheering and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete