Sunday, August 19, 2012

Out of the hospital!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, the internet at my hotel is terrible! I got out of the hospital last Tuesday, just in time for Conners Birthday! I'm so glad I got to be there! Staying in the Hotel is ok, but I wish I could go home. The boys have spent the last 2 days with us, but they are going home tomorrow for back to school night and the rodeo! Once school starts it will be even harder because they will only be able to stay with me on the weekends. The Doctor said that after 30 here if I'm
doing really well they might let me go home, since Brigham City is just 20 miles outside there zone. I had my first checkup on Friday and while I was waiting for my labs I was in tears because I was so scarred I had lost my graft! When the results came in my ANC was 3500, which is much higher than they expecded. I was so releaved! I have another appointment on Monday, they are really watching me closely right now.  I have to take my temp every 4 hours and if it gets above 100.4 they will admit me. Everytime I take it and it's a good temp I feel like I got a "pass jail card"! As for how I'm feeling i am so tired!!I can barely walk from my bedroom to the kitchen. The doctor said that will slowly improve, but it usually takes a year before you feel really good. I really hope I can avoid infectioins and stay out of the hospital! Life on the outside is much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment