Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 14

Today is day 14.
 I was awakened  by my nurse excitedly exclaiming that she had my labs.  She handed them to me and there was a big circle drawn on the paper where it showed that my Neutrophils are at 221!  I jumped out of bed and we hugged and danced.  The Doctors dont consider it a full graft until your ANC is at 500 and holds steady there for three days. I am so excited to have a second chance at life.  I know I am nowhere near the end, I still have to worry about infection and graft verses host disease.  But hopefully things can start to get a litle more normal in our lives. Speaking of normal, the doctors found some mold spores on my lungs.  The medicine they use to treat them causes hallunications. I'm just glade the Doctors warned me before hand. I might have freeked out when I saw thirty frogs jumping across the bathroom floor, or ivy growing on the side of my nurses face.  Last night there was a Yetti peeking through the window over Marcs shoulder ready to kill. At first I screamed then my Mom screamed, Marc jumped up and it ws gone. The hallucinations arent really scarey they actually make life more interesting. Who knows maybe tomorrow Matthew Maconaughey will stop by. I sure hope I packed my wig.  Some of the other things I have been experiencing this week are blindness in my right eye due to a blood clot.  A gusher nose bleed that lasted for nearly 12 hours all due to a nasal cavity biopsy. Water retention that has made me look like a puff ball. And hair loss for the third time. I'm SMOKIN HOT. 

6 comments:

  1. Aside from the scary, yet funny hallucinations this is GREAT news!!!!! So happy that you finally got some news that put a big smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me SO HAPPY!! You are one strong chica! I'm glad you got to have some good news after so many set backs. You are a trooper to deal the hallucinations so well. With my luck I would have had a hundred snakes crawling on me. If you ever have that medication again, just look at a picture of Matthew as the medicine goes in. Love you!

    Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really makes me appreciate my cold and runny nose now. I hope that you get those problems taken care of soon. I am so happy that your numbers are up and I hope that you don't get the graft versus host. I am so happy that you are getting better and I hope that the numbers keep going up so that you can continue to enjoy your cute little and do it from home instead of the hospital. You and your family are still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing soooo good! Keep up the good work! The halusinations are a trip, aren't they?!?!?! The interesting thing to me is how you can be awake one minute and close your eyes for 30 seconds and so much happens. It's like you've been dreaming for hours! You have a great sense of humor with it all! Sounds like u are having all the "normal" symptoms that one experiences with a transplant.

    We hear that God has a plan for us so much that I think we start letting it go in one ear and out the other. Maybe, it's the fact that unknown is hard to comprehend. I just have such a burning gratitude in my heart to God for giving Ryan the gift of life for one more year. I have such a hard time with faith of the unknown. I now have a testimony that through prayers and faith, life will not go wrong. My prayers were answered in a way I never dreamed.....I believe my son gave his life, so that the reconciliations and healing issues my family had, could be healed. Such a long story, but the short of it is, I felt so trapped and in the middle of issues that my children had. It tore me apart. I prayed and prayed things would mend. During Ryan's sickness, little by little, things started coming back together. Sooooo many times I questioned where the love I knew he had, was. Once God opened my eyes to finally let me see what Ryan did for me........wow......how could I ever have questioned his love.??? Anyway, why we have to go thru what we do, it's hard to comprehend and understand. Putting faith in God and knowing he knows best....says it all. Who knows why you have to be the one to go thru such a hard ordeal. Keep your chin up knowing somewhere, somehow, there is a reason God chose you. Until your purpose on this earth is filled, this will just be a bump in the road. You have two boys to raise, and a husband to love. Keep up your fight and you will be home soon. Drink a glass of ice water for Ry, and don't forget to walk! Love u girl.....keep smiling. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic News Janette!! You just made me laugh really hard...so inspiring that you still have a silly sense of humor through all of this!!



    Melanee Price

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your sense of Humor!!:) We are thrilled to hear that things are looking up and hope they are still climbing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete