Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Decision

well, I've got a difficult decision to make. My doctor told me that I could go home back to Brigham as long as I promise that if there's anything weird or different I have to be willing to drive to SLC. Driving to SLC everyday would still be cheaper than the hotel here. so we said no problem there! So now I have to make a decision. It would be very helpful if I went home because my mom goes back to work next week and my kids start school. We are having a hard time finding someone that can watch the boys in the morning and take them to school. If Marc and I can home, we could do it! The problem is I would be exposed to children coming home from a grade school. Plus all the people that come to my parents house. Of course we are good at washing hands and me wearing a mask, but It's still risky. Here at the hotel I'm miserable and lonely, but I feel safer. I can control this envirnment. We are going to wait until after my next check up on Monday before making a decision. They will be doing a cat scan to see if my fungal pneumonia  is getting better. Because getting another infection on top of that would not be good! It would also be nice to see if my numbers are holding steady or even improving. I already saw the eye doctor and he said the hemmorage in my right eye is healing well, even though I still can't see out of it!
I just realized that I never told you about my horrendous nose bleed! They did a biopsy of my nasal canal. They had to put me out for it because I have a deviated septum and It would be too painful to be awake,. They were just making sure the fungus hadn't moved to my head, everything came out good there! Well, they got me back to my room as I was waking up and my nose started to bleed, like a faucet was turned on. Marc my nurse and I spent 12 hours shoving gaus  up my nose, and changing it when it was drenched. After a few hours I had lost so much blood that they gave me a blood transfusion!!  I was so glad when that thing finally stopped!
As for how Im doing, I'm getting stronger every day! I can walk from the car all the way up to my doctors clinic without running out of breath! I still have to ride in a wheel chair if theres alot of walking. Tonight Marc took me to the new mall down town. I felt pretty awesome in my wheel chair with my big blue mask on! Oh well, I'll never see then again anyway....hopefully!
Please pardon any misspelled words or mistakes, I am typing this with 1 good eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment