Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More bad news

Since I am apparently blogger stupid I had to post the pictures in a separate post than my update! If anyone could teach me how to work this thing better, I would appreciate it!
Anyways, We had those pictures taken just before the storms hit. First, Conners front tooth fell out the very next morning! (whew, good timing) Second, Obama won.........Third, my Leukemia is back.
That was not something that I expected at all. I found myself relating to my 6 years old sons wisdom today. He used his piggy bank money to order a toy from amazon. I warned him that it would take a few days to come. It had now been 5 days, and no package. When we came home to no package again today Conner said "why hasn't it come?! I think I've learned patience by now!"
Me too Conner. Me too.
After spending a YEAR receiving enough chemo that it should have killed me (and almost did a few times) and THREE bone marrow transplants, how could it still be here!!!!
But of course, my good doctor has a plan. As of today I will be taking no immune suppressants. He is hoping to induce graft vs host, therefore inducing graft vs leukemia. We are just hoping the graft vs host isn't bad enough to land me in the hospital. If after 1 week I'm doing ok then they will give me medicine to boost my immune system. Then a few days after that they will give me a rein-fusion of my donors cells (apparently they froze some just in case this happened). So basically, because chemo is apparently not doing the job, they are hoping that if they make my new immune system really awesome then it will kill the cancer. Which is really the whole point of a bone marrow transplant anyway. My doctor said that this is a fairly new treatment plan, but so far it has shown pretty good results. So we are trying to stay optimistic. I am not leaving this earth without a darn good fight.

4 comments:

  1. WE'RE ALL GOING TO PUT UP A DARN GOOD FIGHT. WE LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and prayers! You are such an inspiration, and reminder of the things that truly matter. Stay strong beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think of you often and are continually praying for you!! I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you!!

    As I am typing this, this quote came to mind:
    "If you are helpless, He is not. If you are lost, He is not. If you don't know what to do next, He knows. It would take a miracle, you say? Well, if it takes a miracle, why not?"

    ~President Boyd K. Packer~I know God is a God of miracles and I think no one deserves one more than YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan-I have been wanting to write on your blog for a few days now...but haven't known quite what to say. Only thing that really comes to mind is "this sucks" I think all your BMT families hearts sank when we heard the news. You have been on my mind constantly. Much love to you and Marc and your boys. I hope you know how much we all love you and wish the absolute best for you!

    ReplyDelete