Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Good News

I am 100% donor!!  I could hardly believe it when they told me. There's always the possibility that the leukemia could come back, but it's much less likely to happen if my new bone marrow was able to kill off all my cells.
Now my biggest challenge is to avoid an infection. I am at day 50, and around day 100 they will slowly take me off the immune suppressants and I won't have to worry as much! My immune system won't be nearly as strong as a healthy person until about a year out. That's about how long it takes for my body to create T-Lymphocyts. (Marc said they are like your navy seal of your immune system!)
This definately is a marathon and not a sprint! I am slowly getting used to living with my limitations, and learning to not worry about every little pain or cough. (although I have called the on call doctor a few times with some pretty stupid concerns!)
I am so glad we finally got some good news! Maybe now I can relax a little :)

5 comments:

  1. That is FANTASTIC!! So so SO Happy for you! Yep, just keep keepin' on and we'll keep praying that all continues to go well for you! Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER GOOD NEWS!!! Keep up the great fight......Thinking of you always.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUPER EXCITING!! What a nasty mountain to have to climb, but you did it, with your wonderful family around you. You have such an amazing spirit and I am so happy you are on the way to a happy "normal" life with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janette, I was so happy to hear this! It brought tears to my eyes for you guys. Nichole forwarded your blog onto all of us. I hope you don't mind me reading it, I have really enjoyed it. I hope you know how much you have inspired all of us. Even on your hard days! You are a remarkable woman. I am ecstatic that things are going so well and that you are back at home with your family! Good luck to Marc on his exam. I wish you all the best! Take Care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can read it! I write on my blog because it's theraputic for me, and people say that it helps them. I'm glad that you liked reading it. You got the blog perspective and the real life version! I could never thank all of you enough for all you did for me. And for putting up with me for so long!

      Delete