Saturday, September 1, 2012

Chemo Brain

I really hate what chemo has done to my brain. I used to be very organized, loved to plan, and remembered everything. Now I have a hard time remembering what I did last week, and I have no desire to plan ahead. Today we were emptying out some boxes from my hospital room and as we came across books/magazines/and other gifts, I had no idea where they came from. My mom would say "remember that so and so visited and brought you this". It may as well happened to another person because I have no memory of it! Now, if your reading this and you came to visit me please don't think you efforts were wasted! I know that at the time I was grateful to have people come see me.
Then my family began telling me about things that I said or did when I was hallucinating. I don't remember any of it! I wish they would have recorded me. We could have won America's funniest video! I really hope that over time I get my brain back. I miss being me!

2 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you. I am sooooo sorry. Just do your best each day to handle the challenges God is giving you. Thinking of you always. Your friend, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! You know how hard it is! I really appreciate your support. Hope your family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete